Job Description - The Role
As an Intern at Inspiretec you will gain valuable commercial experience working as part of the Engineering team supporting the delivery of solutions to our clients in a variety of sectors. You will be working with a Scrum team documenting and testing our products (including website development) and services for the leisure travel and finance industry in the UK and internationally.
Our development methodology is largely based on an agile approach through software design, implementation and project management techniques.
Gain Experience in:
- Executes given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
User experience analysis
- Applies tools and methods to identify the user experience, user’s characteristics and tasks, and the technical, organisational and physical environment in which the product or system will operate.
Requirements definition and management
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of small size and complexity. Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source. Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration. Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests.
Salary and Benefits
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Maths, Business Information System, Computer Science or related discipline
- A levels in Science related subjects
- Knowledge of Software Development lifecycle
- Be curious and enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
12 month work experience placement for under graduates commencing in July 2017 with a starting salary of £16k plus benefits.
Inspiretec Group Ltd
Nature of Business:
Helen Baldwin, HR Director, Inspiretec Group
Inspiretec will be holding an Intern Interview Day on Friday 7th April and applications (CV & Cover letter) should be forwarded to Helen@inspiretec.com referencing ESTnet by 12noon Thursday 23rd March 2017.